Nero copy 1Gb File. How?

penny 00:59 17 Jan 03
  penny 00:59 17 Jan 03

I have used Nero for quite awhile but have never needed to exceed the size of a CD. In other words how do I get Nero to use more than one CD when I copy a 1Gb file? Cheers

bigdamouk 01:07 17 Jan 03

you cant exceed the size of the cd (unless somebody can say otherwise?). you'd have to split the file into 2 then burn 2 seperate cdrw's

penny 01:07 17 Jan 03

PS I want to copy the file from my HardDrive and can't split it. Thanks

penny 01:11 17 Jan 03

Bigdamouk. I think there is a way to get Nero to use more than one CD when copying large files or is this only when you are backing up your HardDrive using Nero?

bigdamouk 01:11 17 Jan 03

dont think u can unless you get hold of a DVD writer....as dvd's have a 4gb capacity...where as cdrw have up to 800mbs

DieSse 01:20 17 Jan 03

Use WinZip to compress it first - it will almost certainly end up small enough to fit on a CD.

wetterfugal 22:20 17 Jan 03

click here and you will be directed to a free file spliting program, or search on Google for file spliters.

Don't forget to mark your posting as resolved if you find your solution

woodchip 22:26 17 Jan 03

Will it compress enough to go on a CD. Glad I do not have to read it if it's text!!!!!

woodchip 22:27 17 Jan 03

PS try Windows backup to see what it reduces the size to

penny 01:59 18 Jan 03

Thanks for the suggestions but what I am trying to do is put a DriveImage backup of my friends computer onto Disk by removing his HardDrive and connecting it to my computer as the Slave. My friend doesn't have a CD Writer. I think the Image is already compressed. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…