Nero copy 1Gb File. How?

penny 00:59 17 Jan 03
  penny 00:59 17 Jan 03

I have used Nero for quite awhile but have never needed to exceed the size of a CD. In other words how do I get Nero to use more than one CD when I copy a 1Gb file? Cheers

bigdamouk 01:07 17 Jan 03

you cant exceed the size of the cd (unless somebody can say otherwise?). you'd have to split the file into 2 then burn 2 seperate cdrw's

penny 01:07 17 Jan 03

PS I want to copy the file from my HardDrive and can't split it. Thanks

penny 01:11 17 Jan 03

Bigdamouk. I think there is a way to get Nero to use more than one CD when copying large files or is this only when you are backing up your HardDrive using Nero?

bigdamouk 01:11 17 Jan 03

dont think u can unless you get hold of a DVD writer....as dvd's have a 4gb capacity...where as cdrw have up to 800mbs

DieSse 01:20 17 Jan 03

Use WinZip to compress it first - it will almost certainly end up small enough to fit on a CD.

wetterfugal 22:20 17 Jan 03

click here and you will be directed to a free file spliting program, or search on Google for file spliters.

Don't forget to mark your posting as resolved if you find your solution

woodchip 22:26 17 Jan 03

Will it compress enough to go on a CD. Glad I do not have to read it if it's text!!!!!

woodchip 22:27 17 Jan 03

PS try Windows backup to see what it reduces the size to

penny 01:59 18 Jan 03

Thanks for the suggestions but what I am trying to do is put a DriveImage backup of my friends computer onto Disk by removing his HardDrive and connecting it to my computer as the Slave. My friend doesn't have a CD Writer. I think the Image is already compressed. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…