Nero CD Label designer file size

Epirb406 12:02 27 Nov 06

Hi All,

Trying to help out a neice from a distance.

She has some what aged but not stone age PC.

She has used Nero Cover designer (Sorry, don't know which version) to create her CD Label but the PC hangs every time she tries to sent it to the printer.

She has managed to save the file to disk (.ncd?) but nero now says that it cannot find the file!
I think the problem may lie in the file size, which is well over 90MB, bringing everything to a halt.

Two questions:

Anyone else had this problem?

What's a 'normal' files size for this program?

Thanks in adavance, Epirb.

Taff™ 12:14 27 Nov 06

I have several .ncd files between 650 Kb & 1.2 MB In my case the size of the included images dictates the file size. I would suggest that she reduces the size of the image files significantly - converts them to GIF or low resolution JPG. You just don`t need high resolution files to print a CD Label!

Stuartli 12:18 27 Nov 06

Agreed. 90MB is an enormous file in view of its intended purpose.

Epirb406 12:25 27 Nov 06

Think we are all agreeing.

A 90 MB file sent to an home printer is going to bring things to a grinding halt for a good while is it not?

Also the most likely reason for the file size in this case is inapropriate graphic files?

Epirb.

Taff™ 12:34 27 Nov 06

Open the images in an appropriate programme and do a File>Save As but type a new file name (v1) and file type as a GIF or JPG. If you use the latter go to the options and select "compress by Size" or low resolution options.

Epirb406 14:31 27 Nov 06

Righto, cheers for that guys, have issued the advice will have to wait and see now!

Brgds, Epirb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5