Nero - capture still problem

knockin on 11:44 06 May 06

When running a holiday video in Nero and attempting to capture a still from the movie, the resulant picture is distorted. It is elongated vertically - too long and thin. This does wonders for the wife's figure, but the dog is taller than I am. :)
Using my graphics programme to change the vertical dimension and lose the aspect ratio works to a degree, but I am not sure, by looking, when the picuure is exactly right, as I have to guess a value for the height.
The still is captured to clipboard and seems to have the same distortion whatever graphics programme I paste it into.
If this makes sense to you, is there an adjustment I can make (in Nero??) to correct this, or will media player grab a still? (it doesn't appear to)
Thanks for any help available
Rob

remind 13:37 06 May 06

You could just run the video on the desktop using what ever software you want, pause it, press Alt+PrtScrn to capture the active window, open Microsoft Paint or any other image software, select Paste to insert the image you captured then trim it down. If the media player window is blank you'll need Fraps to do the same job; click here

knockin on 15:24 06 May 06

Thanks for that -I'll leaave this open a little longer in case there are any other ideas.

Bagsey 19:39 06 May 06

A few months ago the PC Advisor disc had Ulead video 7 editing program as a freebie. If you use that to edit your video there is a facility to capture still images from the video which definately does not distort the image.

knockin on 23:25 06 May 06

Thanks for that, I'll look it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…