Nero & The Burning Software in XP

Blott 07:43 29 Nov 04

Just bought new computer with XP, but still using old one with Win98. Have Nero on the Win98 one.

The two burning softwares are incompatible - can't use either Nero or XP software to format a CD that will drag 'n drop on both machines.

Is it OK just to go ahead and install nero on the new machine, or do I have to uninstall XP's own burning software first ?

Regards to all
Blott

Gongoozler 08:19 29 Nov 04

Hi Blott. What version of Nero do you have?

Nero InCD is notoriously flakey. If you search this forum you will find numerous threads from users who have had problems with it.

PA28 09:13 29 Nov 04

I put Nero 6 straight onto my XP machine without removing anything. Certain parts of Nero 6 require a free update patch to work with SP2 - normal burning appears unaffected without the patch despite the warnings (the patch gets rid of the warnings however). I am presuming that you have the full version of Nero - if you have an OEM version supplied with a burner then life will probably not be as easy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…