Nero burning software

Janet-201707 18:56 11 Aug 04

I am running Windows xP and trying to burn a data CD rom. I have some proggrammes I wish to burn to disc so that I can download them onto my other PC running Windows 98se, that way I can keep all my progs that I alone use, but try as I might to follow instructions it will not burn. I get all the files I want with or without the wizard, get it all set up, click burn, the dvd/cd RW drive opens requesting disc, put in disc and nothing happens and the box requesting the disc will not go away, all I see is the disc drive flashing green as the disc spins round for a week. If I click of this request to insert media box, then Nero displays message burning aborted by user. I am just about ready to scream. I have been trying this way that for the past two days, so can anyone give me a clue to what I am doing wrong.
thanks

Diodorus Siculus 19:00 11 Aug 04

Is it always the same disk or have you tried a few different ones? The one you have may not be working.

HondaMan 19:05 11 Aug 04

It could be that you are trying to copy a security protected disc!!

Gongoozler 19:05 11 Aug 04

Do you have any other cd burning software installed on your computer? This often is the cause of Nero failing to burn.

johnsims 19:08 11 Aug 04

Two things to try. 1. Put a cd laser head ceaner cd in the drive and see if that makes a differnece. 2. As D S says, try another CDR, preferably branded and with a speed rating matching the drive.

Other possibilities, the drive laser is defongerated (technical term meaning buggered) or maybe Nero is in need of re-installation.

Janet-201707 19:15 11 Aug 04

Thanks for your response. I have no other cd burning software loaded apart from DVD shrink and DVD Decryptor. I am not burning anything that is copyright protected. All I want to do is transfer some programmes I downloaded off the internet to the other pC as I have not got round to networking them together yet, these are either trial software or freebees. these discs are brandnew, just bought them this afternoon. I have no problems with these disc on Old PC, using the Roxio software, but this software will not run on this XP PC. Any other ideas.

Thanks for your response. I have no other cd burning software loaded apart from DVD shrink and DVD Decryptor. I am not burning anything that is copyright protected. All I want to do is transfer some programmes I downloaded off the internet to the other pC as I have not got round to networking them together yet, these are either trial software or freebees. these discs are brandnew, just bought them this afternoon. I have no problems with these disc on Old PC, using the Roxio software, but this software will not run on this XP PC. Any other ideas.

Diodorus Siculus 19:52 11 Aug 04

Go into my computer

right click on the relevant drive

see what is ticked there re. allowing CD burning etc. Try different options.

Old Shep 20:05 11 Aug 04

What version of Nero are you using. Version 5 will not work on Xp.

Old Shep 20:08 11 Aug 04

Sorry should have said if it is version 5 go to their website and download to 5.5 at least to make it work. The download is free I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…