Baslla321 11:39 11 Aug 03

I tried to burn some video files from my HD on a CD but Nero does not recognize avi files. Is there any other way around this? What are the files that Nero recognize then ? Thank you

JIM 11:58 11 Aug 03

According to the nero help site it cannot convert the avi video files for burning to vcd."WHAT THEY SAY"

looks like you'd have to convert it to mpeg format first before burning.

others view point.

I have managed to create VCD from AVI's in Nero. I have had about 99% sucess with this. What I have found is that you need to install the following video Codec's

DivX5 from click here
XVid from click here

Give it a try and you will see that it works

goto click here. help files and tutorials in easy to follow guides and free.

JoeC 12:12 11 Aug 03

Burning [S]VCD from AVI files is now possible. To do this, simply drag and drop the AVI files from the File Browser to the video compilation window or use the "Add" command from the "Edit" menu.

In the compilation window and in track properties, Nero displays the video characteristics as they will be on the burnt CD, not the characteristics of the source video file. To choose between PAL and NTSC parameters, use the "Encoding resolution" option of the "Video CD" property page of the compilation info.

The AVI files will be encoded to MPEG format when the burn process starts. This takes quite a long time and needs temporary disk space.

AVI files will only be accepted on SVCD if the Nero MPEG2 code plug-in is installed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…