Nero - Burn S/W

david4637 16:12 15 May 03

Could someone please explain the differences in the Nero software applications that are currently available. There is Nero Express, Nero CDROM, any others?
Whats the difference between them, and is there a large differnce in the price? Thanks David

pj123 16:19 15 May 03

Nero Burn software with a version number is for people who know what they are doing. Nero Express is for idiots, like me, it just asks questions and you answer, yes, no, next etc..

They both do the same job.

Don't know about the price as mine came with the CD/RW disc drive. But I think Nero is better than Roxio EasyCD Creator. So buy a CD/RW drive that comes with Nero. I am sure if you have more intelligence than me you could master it.

Smiler 16:25 15 May 03

if you go here click here and click on products the whole range is shown and you can further click on each product for a list of its features. Basically Nero burning rom is the bees knees but nero express is just a bit more user friendly with wizards to help. You can download trial versions from the site and you can pay on line for registration just on the shop button after clicking on the nero product button.
Hope this helps

leo49 17:38 15 May 03

Go for the full program - bear in mind though that Nero update virtually on a month by month basis so any Nero disc will not be the latest[due to production/distribution time].Thus rather than pay whatever Nero is asking currently,you can buy from discount software houses a slighly older version at knock down prices[well under £10]and then update for free by downloading the latest version from the Nero website.

eg
click here

Regards

david4637 22:10 15 May 03

Is this the Nero S/W you were refering to -
{AC 504} Nero (oem packaging) DVD and CD copying software for use with CD and DVD recorders
Price: £4.98 Including VAT at 17.5%. Thanks David

leo49 22:25 15 May 03

Yes,that's the one - bit cheaper than Amazon's current price of £32 reduced from £40+.

Once you've installed that, you then go

click here

and download the latest version which is a free update as you'll have an earlier version installed.

Regards

david4637 17:23 16 May 03

Thanks all for your help, will probably go for the Nero £4.98 OEM Version. Would you suggest I remove my existing Burner S/W before using Nero?Thanks David

leo49 17:31 16 May 03

I think you're using NTI if I remember right from another thread - in which case, yes, as like Roxio/Easy it doesn't like cohabiting.

Regards

leo49 17:37 16 May 03

Hold up - I've just had a look through a drawer and I've got a spare Nero disc. Click my envelope if you like and I'll pop it in the post for you.

david4637 22:34 28 May 03

Leo - thanks for your kind gift, the Nero CD worked fine and supports my CDRW. Best wishes to you. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…