nero and alcohol says not enough space on disc

grahambri 17:05 06 Feb 05

hi...I'm running Nero 6 and when I try to copy a DVD it always tells me thew following .. there is not enough space to burn thia compilation onto this disc. please insert another disc that provides more space...... It dosen't matter if the disc has 4gig or 1gig on it..I still receive the same response. Alcohol gives the same sort of response as nero. I'm using Windows XP pro. the dvd burner is Emprex DVD Dual 8x ... anyone got any ideas please....many thanks...Brian

jimv7 17:13 06 Feb 05

As both of these create an image on the hard drive first, check you have enough hard drive space at least 6gb spare.

jimv7 17:16 06 Feb 05

Or as most dvd's can be up to 9gb in size you have to reduce them to fit on a 4.7gb dvd.

Try DVD Shrink. click here#

grahambri 17:46 06 Feb 05

I tried shrink and it worked fine...it uses Nero and works fine...I have over 24gig left free on nmy drive...it's only when I try to copy from disc to disc on the fly the message appears. I find it strange that both nero and alcohol give the same response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced