Nero 7 Update

mimosa418 16:24 13 Feb 06

I can not either update , install or uninstall my version of nero 7 without the process failing with na message "shellmanager missing or corrupt" Nero will not burn DVD or properly recognise either of my drives.
Any solutions to this problem since I am now going round n circles. Nero Clean up tool does not help.

pj123 17:00 13 Feb 06

I found many problems with Nero 7. I did manage to uninstall it and went back to Nero 6. I just used Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. I am running Win 98SE.

Not had any problems since and have updated my Nero 6 to the latest version 6.6.1.4 from:

click here

stileguru 14:31 10 Mar 06

Found problems too. Windows XP pops up error message when starting any app using nero burning rom. Switched apps to nero express (where possible) and it works ok. Not sure what the error is but Windows suggests BCGCBPRO730.DLL is the cause. This is made by BCG Soft Ltd. Every time I start Nero it creates a file called user_images.jpg in the Nero Core folder. It's just a graphic with lots of little faces. I cannot begin to understand what this is needed for. Can't find any solution anywhere! Even Nero suggest getting the latest update but this doesn't work either because it doesn't accept the reg code that came with the disk. Anyone out there with a fix?

pj123 16:12 10 Mar 06

Just received an email from Nero re Nero 7.

Quote: Your installed version of Nero 7 will in no way expire or seize to work at the end of the month.
We are currently working on a solution to this problem.
A new Nero 7 update will be released soon in which this incorrect entry will no longer appear.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this entry may have caused. Unquote.

This was in answer to an email I sent a long time ago when Nero 7 would not accept the Retail Serial Number. But as above I don't have Nero 7 anymore and my Nero 6 is working fine, except for Nero VisionExpress 3 which is the subject of a separate thread.

wallbash 16:13 10 Mar 06

Answer to stileguru

- Right-click Nero Start Smart and select properties
- Select Compatability tab
- Select Windows 2000 as the mode and hit Apply.

Makes Nero 7 ( a waste of space)! into the best thing since sliced bread !!!!!

stileguru 20:43 10 Mar 06

Thanks. I never thought of that one. I'll never know if it worked or not because I installed Nero 6 (left Nero 7 on the PC), put in the reg code and bingo! Nero burning rom seemed to work in Nero 7. Not sure how that worked, but it's OK now.

wallbash 23:58 10 Mar 06

but it's OK now.

Thats the main thing.

mimosa418 09:30 11 Mar 06

had to reinstal windows XP for another reason and it sorted out all the Nero 7 problems. It all works well now.
Many thanks for responses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…