Nero 7 cant see source drive

Ray5776 19:36 24 May 06

Never been over keen on Nero but thought I would give
Nero 7 Prem a try as it was on offer.
Had it installed for 2 days now but can`t get it to see the source disk, I get the following,

"Please insert the original disk"
"Disk type in the source drive (Empty)"
"Any response may be extremely slow, please be patient"

Anyone got any ideas please, I expect it`s me, usually is.

CD/DVD drive is only appx 4wks old and works fine,
My computer sees disk straight away no trouble.

Ray

Totally-braindead 19:48 24 May 06

What drive is it, make and model please? Is it a CD or a DVD you are trying to burn.
And have you tried updating Nero, there was a lot of bother with Nero 7 when it came out but I would imagine there would be updates now available to solve it.

Totally-braindead 19:59 24 May 06

In case you wondering why I ask the make and model I spent a lot of time as did many others with someone a while back and it turned out he had a DVD ROM drive and that is not the same as a DVD writer, same things happened with people trying to burn DVDs with a CD writer. Just wanted to confirm what you have first.

Ray5776 20:49 24 May 06

Thanks for the reply,
Make is LG
Spec: 16xDVD+-R 8xDVD+RW 6xDVD-RW 5xDVD-RAM 16xDVD-ROM 4xDVD-R DL 6xDVD+R DL 48xCD-R 32xCD-RW 48xCD-ROM.
Model No. GSA-4167B
ray

Ray5776 21:01 24 May 06

Totally braindead,
Hi again, at the moment I can`t read any disk using Nero from my internal (Spec as above) or my external DVD ROM, I have not yet got to the point of trying to write anything, hope this clarifies.
ray

Totally-braindead 21:06 24 May 06

Lets see if I get this right, you have an internal LG DVD writer and an external DVD Rom and neither of them will read a disk at all.
Is that right or is it only when trying to use Nero?

Ray5776 21:22 24 May 06

Neither of them will see a disk if I am trying to use Nero, I get the messages I posted in first posting.

They both work absolutely fine with any other program
It is not the drives that are a problem.

Thanks

Ray5776 22:01 24 May 06

When I try to get Nero 7 to read a source disk I get the message "Any response may extremely slow, please be patient" + the other messages.
WHAT SORT OF SOFTWARE IS THIS ????
What is extremely slow ?
I will run it overnight, if that is not patient enough then back to Pinnacle.

It`s a brand new disk only got it a few days ago.
I am sure it works OK but not exactly user friendly.
ray

Totally-braindead 01:08 25 May 06

This is me just getting back from the Pub Ray5667.
I would suggest in the first instance you see if theres any updates to Nero, and I can virtually guarantee there will be. As I said at 19:48 there were a lot of people reporting problems. try this first and then post back.

Totally-braindead 01:11 25 May 06

I use Nero 6 and had Nero 5 before it and have to say I have found it easy to use and very reliable.
Never tried Nero 7 as a lot of people were having problems and I couldn't be bothered with it, Nero 6 works fine for me. No help to you I realise but Nero 6 can be bought for as little as £3.

Ray5776 21:32 25 May 06

Hi Braindead,
Downloaded the updates as you suggested, thanks.
Not really sure why I had to do this. Having bought a new bit of software I thought it would work properly anyway (Perhaps I expect too much from life)

Making some progress, it can now read the source disk from either drive. I have managed to successfully copy an audio CD at 48x (So it says) this took an incredible 4Hrs 42Minutes to do the burn. I realize that 48x is the Max speed and not guaranteed but would have expected it to be a little faster wouldn`t you. “Please be patient it said” Lucky it is Bank Holiday this W/E, I may be able to copy a couple of DVD`s if there is time :-) Nero Express? Wouldn`t like to be on the slow train :-)

When I tried to register this I was told that the serial number was invalid. I bought this from 7Day Shop having seen it mentioned in a recent posting on this site. Not a lot of money but maybe I should have taken more heed to the person that posted “If it seems too good to be true it probably is”

Not at all impressed so far but thanks for your help.

Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…