Nero 7

eljanno 16:08 31 Oct 05

Hi
I have just installed Nero on my pc, it worked ok at first but now I keep getting the message
"nero.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" then there is a button with de-bug and close. Has anyone any ideas what I can do to get it working again, I have uninstalled it and re-installed it, and pressed de-bug but nothing works.
Cheers
J

recap 16:15 31 Oct 05

Download TweakUI (click here), in the Common Dialogs section of the program make sure "Remember previously-used filenames" is checked, this may solve the problem.

Eric10 18:02 31 Oct 05

There is a Registry fix out on the Internet but backup the Registry first in case you run into problems.

Run Regedit and expand this key:

HKey_Current_User\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\BCGWorkspace then right-click on BCGControlBarVersion in the left pane and choose Permissions... Highlight each user and set the permissions to Deny.

Nero SmartStart may still give problems but you should be able to launch both Nero Burning Rom and Nero Express from the Start Menu. This problem seems to be wide spread so I would expect Ahead to fix it quite quickly. Maybe even by the time the download version is available on Nov 2nd.

chippy+ 19:47 31 Oct 05

hi had the same problem just right click nero startsmart properties compatibility W2000 had no more trouble CHIPPY

Eric10 21:43 31 Oct 05

I'd seen that mentioned on the same forums as the Fix but loads of people were saying that it didn't work so I didn't try it. I've just put my Registry back to the original settings and set the compatibility to Win 2000 as you said and it's working better than the Reg fix did although I had to set the compatibility for the Nero Burning Rom shortcut also to get this to work from its own icon. Thanks.

john-232317 14:46 01 Nov 05

Upgrade to the latest version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…