Nero 6.6 and Nero Wave Editor

Duncanf 14:49 24 Aug 05

I have Nero 6.6.0.16 and am working with backing trax music that I have on a CD. I want to transfer some trax from the CD into Nero Wave Editor so I can work on it (transpose, fade in/out etc).
Problem is I can't find a way of getting it recorded into the Nero Wave Editor from any drive. I've looked through the various Nero manuals and still can't find the solution.

pj123 15:44 24 Aug 05

Don't know if this is any good because I haven't used Nero Wave Editor but I have just had a look at it. I have lots of audio tracks in .wav and mp3 format on my hard drive.

I found in Nero Wave Editor. Go to Edit, Insert File. I picked an MP3 file and then Open and there it was in the Editor!

I use LP Recorder to record from vinyl, CD or Cassette to my hard drive: click here

Pooke 15:46 24 Aug 05

If it´s an audio cd you need to rip the tracks first. Open windows media player. choose the rip options. This will take the music off the audio cd and place them on the hdd as mp3s (choose to save as mp3).

when the music files are saved right click it, choose open with, navigate to nero wave editor on the hard disk. hit ok.

Or open nero wave editor choose file- then open and select the file.

Pooke

Duncanf 16:25 24 Aug 05

Thanks Pooke and pj123 for your excellent suggestions. Both have worked but just before your suggestions arrived I had managed to transfer the files to the HD via Nero but saved them in wav format...all 531mb of them!!!!!
Had I saved them in mp3 (an obviously smaller file) would they play on a normal CD player after editing?
Thanks to pj123 as I've tried your suggestion and the files have appeared as you said.
Many thanks to you both...the helproom forum has proved invaluable again!

Pooke 16:30 24 Aug 05

Doesn matter about file size, really, its track length when creating an audio cd. upto 80 minutes. Open nero smartstart, choose make an audio cd and drag all the tracks onto the window that opens.

click next, follow the instructions to burn it onto a cd-r.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5