Nero 6 versus Nero Reloaded

sheila.weston 10:26 27 Dec 04

What is the difference between Nero 6 and Nero Reloaded? The website doesn't make it clear. I have an unopened package of Nero 6 and am wondering whether to exchange it for the 'Reloaded' version. Any advice about this welcomed.

Sheila

Sans le Sou 11:52 27 Dec 04

I think it is a pirated version of Nero 6 that has been cracked as they say.

Sans le Sou 11:54 27 Dec 04

Or maybe not

david.h 11:57 27 Dec 04

reladed is a new upgraded version, nero 6 users can upgade free from the ahead web site.

sheila.weston 15:17 28 Dec 04

Many thanks, David. I'll go ahead and install it over the new year.

Sheila

Stuartli 16:58 28 Dec 04

Definitely may be not...:-)

woodchip 21:04 29 Dec 04

Reloaded is the latest version not pirate

Stuartli 09:05 30 Dec 04

Being a little pedantic, Reloaded is not an upgrade but an update to Nero6.

Ahead generously allows its versions of Nero to be updated free of charge - for instance from Nero5 to 5.5 and subsequent updates.

However upgrades, such as from Nero5 to Nero6, invoke a subscription charge as a completely new line has been introduced.

david.h 10:04 30 Dec 04

noted, I was not aware of difference in meaning of these words.But i sure know now

Stuartli 10:19 30 Dec 04

The Nero updates, issued about once a month, are to add latest rewriter models, fix bugs etc.

In most cases an update is not strictly necessary but, just occasionally, Ahead requires that a previous update has been installed if you wish to have the latest update version.

It happened for a short spell with, IIRC, Nero5 or 5.5; those with, for instance, Nero5.1.1.10 (made up version!) who wanted to jump to Nero5.5.1.1 (again made up) had to install the one just before 5.5.1.1 first.

Ahead dropped the demand after a short period, presumably because of the reaction or their own good reasons.

woodchip 16:35 30 Dec 04

If you go into PCworld you will not Find NERO 6 only the Reloaded version

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…