Nero 6 Trouble

DomJolly 22:48 24 Oct 03

I have just installed Nero 6 onmy system.
Done some multi session photo discs, all ok no probs.Tried to burn a Music Compilation and just keep getting the error message "Audio Cd, please replace with writable media. Have tried brand new sealed disks and everything i put in now even new blanks show up in my drives as an audio cd.
p3700 128mb windows ME any ideas

cheers dom

MichelleC 09:43 25 Oct 03

Have you got the latest updates (bug fixes) from Nero site?

holly polly 09:56 25 Oct 03

hi ,did nero prompt you to turn off the auto insert notification ,and if so did you turn it off ,just that i use nero 6 and with this turned off as nero suggests cd rw would not work right ,right click my computor -properties -device manager ,highlight ,your cd rw and right click select properties -settings ,put a tick in auto insert notification if there isnt one ,reboot and choose to ignore the warnings from nero ,eg carry on on my own ,post back and let me know how you get on regards -hol pol...

DomJolly 18:24 25 Oct 03

ive looked and there is a tick in the box(auto insert) just as a thought there is also a tick in the "disconnect" box. is this right ???

holly polly 12:03 26 Oct 03

read this link to my prviou thread there is oanothher suggestion within it -regards -hol pol ...
click here

holly polly 12:06 26 Oct 03

or here is the other suggestion.
holly polly
Try right click on your drive and choose properties. From there click on the hardware tab and highlight the drive you want, then choose properties again.
Click on the driver tab, choose update driver. Let windows search for the driver itself, it will come back with the message that you are already using the best driver. Click "OK". Do this with your second drive and follow the same guide.

This works with XP. and somehow seams to re-associate the drives with their own drivers without affecting the install of Nero.

I had this exact problem last week on updating Nero, with not only losing "Auto Start", but one of the drives also refused to acknowledge I had put a CD in there. Doing the above put things back to normal again. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…