Nero 6 stopped my drives from recognising

holly polly 17:51 13 Oct 03

hi all ,just installed nero 6 ,informed me that drive recognition is enabled and could damage disks etc ,do you want to turn it off ,i clicked yes ,now when i put any cd in my drives i have to refresh as the previous one is still there ,also autorun on installation cds will now not work -anybody know how to re enable this function -as usual all answers greatfully recieved -regards -hol pol...

kinger 19:57 13 Oct 03

Which operating system are you using

holly polly 22:00 13 Oct 03

hi win me

holly polly 09:46 14 Oct 03

BUMP

Djohn 10:06 14 Oct 03

Try right click on your drive and choose properties. From there click on the hardware tab and highlight the drive you want, then choose properties again.

Click on the driver tab, choose update driver. Let windows search for the driver itself, it will come back with the message that you are already using the best driver. Click "OK". Do this with your second drive and follow the same guide.

This works with XP. and somehow seams to re-associate the drives with their own drivers without affecting the install of Nero.

I had this exact problem last week on updating Nero, with not only losing "Auto Start", but one of the drives also refused to acknowledge I had put a CD in there. Doing the above put things back to normal again. j.

holly polly 10:38 14 Oct 03

gday john ,this is how i did it -right click my computor ,select properties ,device manager ,scroll down to cd rom ,click on the + sign and expand ,highlight the drive and right click ,select properties ,then settings ,navigate to the auto insert notification box and put a tick in it ,voila drives back to normal -never had this problem with nero 5 ,incidently if you have mp3 pro encoder on nero 5.5 and you have upgraded to nero 6 ,dont buy the unlimited mp3 pro for nero 6 as the version within nero 5.5 works fine with nero 6 ,it does on mine anyhow -many thanks to all who posted regards -hol pol...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…