Nero 6 Problems

big kev 20:03 24 Aug 03

I recently upgraded to Nero 6 and went to burn some VCD/SVCD images, but they're not working properly with my DVD player now, both the sound and picture are jumpy, I never had this with my previous version 5.5.10.15.

I uninstalled version 6 and installed the 5.5.10.15, but the jumps are still evident, any ideas as to a solution?

MichelleC 08:54 25 Aug 03

Try lowering burning speed.

big kev 10:29 25 Aug 03

That made no difference at all.

Jean-Luc Picard 10:31 25 Aug 03

Have you tried restoring your pc to an earlier time?

Barrie_G 11:00 25 Aug 03

Is it possible that the file you are trying to burn has sound and picture that is jumpy?

try defraging your hard disk if you have the files on your pc.

-pops- 11:11 25 Aug 03

In addition to the above, try closing all programs that aren't necessary for what you're doing. CD and DVD burning takes a lot of resources and if you're having to share these with a load of other things, something's got to give - that is usually a bit of everything! With many programs this doesn't matter as they can catch up but when you're doing something with an important time base - like recording - it can show as the effect you're experiencing.

big kev 11:19 25 Aug 03

I suppose it is possible that these files might have sound and picture that is jumpy, but why do they work on my pc, surely they should be converted ok.

I've defragged my hard drive, made no difference.

I've got a Barton XP2500 at XP2800, 1g PC 3200 ram, I've never had a problem with this before, I thought my hardware would be more than capable.

Mark Seven 17:36 19 Oct 03

First thing to do is get the very latest Nero update - that often sorts glitches. Sounds like read errors/buffer underrun from hard drive. Is disk nearly full, cramping the process? Nero creates huge temp files when transcoding.

However, see thread Nero Visison Express 2 VCD slideshow problem - makes me think Nero 6 should have been beta tested for much longer. Their support staff didn't seem to have heard of this behaviour and couldn't even help after receiving multiple screenshots showing exactly what their program was doing!

BADGERSEND 17:23 03 Nov 04

Having purchased Nero6 Reloaded in the last week, I experienced big problems with Nero Vision Express when trying to make a Photo Slide Show for DVD. After adding the photos, I then added the transitions and when I went to test the play of the show, the program just locks up and will not respond.
I was amazed to find four large updates on the web site and after installing them found the same problem. I have loaded it onto another computer with XP SP2. Still same result. Also without XP SP2, same result.
Could it be that the program is ill prepared by Nero? Why four large download so soon?
To date screen shots sent and now awaiting reply, but not holding my breath.
Davey

Stuartli 18:05 03 Nov 04

Ahead updates NeroBurningROM on a regular basis - you probably need to syncronise the sound with the picture - IIRC (time not on my side at the moment as it's 6pm and DayTimePlus finishing time without paying) WMP10 has such a feature but whether it's appropriate in this case I don't know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…