Nero 6 not working

m800afc 15:44 26 Sep 08

Win XP Pro: Sp3: Nero 6
I have been persevering far too long with Nero 6. It is very flakey, and the only way I can load it is to remove all antivirus and all other software first. Last night I wasted six DVD's trying to make a data DVD with Nero 6 and each time it would not verify and the disc could not be read. I am burning the discs on the minimum speeds, and the drive has been thouroughly cleaned. Previously prepared discs read correctly.
Does anyone feel they can reccommend a free DVD data burner, that I can use to verify the hardware is burning correctly.
I don't really want to use Nero again, i am so fed up with it.

Stuartli 15:53 26 Sep 08

I use Nero6 and have absolutely no problems with it using a Sony AW-G170A DVD rewriter or, indeed, my previous TDK Cyclone CD rewriter (bought in 2001 or 2002).

I do have the very latest version of Nero6 (updated from 5, 5.5 and then up to 6 as required) - this version is 6.6.1.15c.

See:

click here

Stuartli 16:02 26 Sep 08

Are you sure you don't require to be logged on as the Administrator to be able to burn disks using Nero?

I had a poewr failure recently while computer was on. Now I find when I try to burn a disc my computer crashes ? Will be grateful for any help on resolving this problem.

baldydave 17:57 26 Sep 08

Im on nero 6 xp pro never had a problem i would say it is more likely your dvd burner,try this download to prove if it is nero, if when using ashampoo burner you make more coasters i would say it is your drive.
I use both of these burning prog and find them very good,
click here

eedcam 19:02 26 Sep 08

Dont burn to dvd create a disc image (ISO.File)if thatplays ok on the pc then it is the drive .Tyr using Imgburn its free either create image file from disc or from files .It will give you a detailed list of whatgoes wrong .It can also check for firmware updates for your drive which could be the problem click here

Sea Urchin 19:16 26 Sep 08

Try starting your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's - you'll probably get a better response that way

Stuartli 19:39 26 Sep 08

...and save m800afc from receiving additional e-mails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos