Nero 6 Drive Backup Question

Confab 12:08 03 Mar 05

I recently re-formatted my HD and then re-installed my software, drivers and updates. I thought that now I have got rid of loads of garbage files from my pc, and all software is up to date, that it would be a good idea to back up the whole drive onto CD using NERO 6.

My C drive shows about 1.4G of used space and I have now backed up the whole drive onto 3 CD’s using Nero’s drive backup program.

My question is for anyone who has done this. If my PC crashed and I had to restore the whole hard drive would I be able to boot using the CD’s produced using Nero or would I have to re-install Windows and then NERO and then use the “restore” program to re-create my C drive?

Also when I backed up my C drive the CD’s were burned at 52 speed. I couldn’t find a way to reduce this speed (I would have like to have burned them at a slower speed to increase reliability). Anyone know how to do this?

Hope the above makes sense.

Regards

Confab

Yoda Knight 12:17 03 Mar 05

neros' disk wont be bootable

Stuartli 14:00 03 Mar 05

That was the point I was trying to remember about backups using Nero...:-)

Confab 11:45 05 Mar 05

I've just tried to access the disc's using nero and it appears that there isn't anything on them!

I had a look and the contents in Windows and there are several files on the disc's including one called restore.exe. I clicked on this and a message pops up saying that this program only works in dos mode. I changed the boot sequence so that the first boot device was my CD drive and a program appears asking if I want to restore my drive.

So it would appear that I can restore my PC from these disks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…