Nero 6

Bellboy 20:51 16 Jan 04

Nero 6
I have just installed Nero 6.
I have two drives, a 4yr old CD writer and a new DVD writer.
When burning a music CD on the old writer, I get a choice of write speeds. (1x-6x).
When burning a music CD on the new writer, I get no choice. (Write speed is 16x)
I think this is maybe too fast for the discs and would like to choose slower.
Anyone any information/ideas?
David

Trackrat 21:07 16 Jan 04

Open nero - left click file - left click new - left click burn and your write speeds can be altered there

Bellboy 22:33 16 Jan 04

I cannot apply these directions.
Are you taking about Nero 6?
There is a screen to control read speed, but Icannot see anything to control my more modern writer.
David

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:09 17 Jan 04

Most cd's will write ok at 16 speed if that is the max your dvd burner does then i cant see a problem,you could run the nero info tool and drive speed from the nero folder in start programs this should tell you the speeds available to all drives as well as other things,there is also a yick box as you say to select best speed this should not go any faster then than the cd is capable of.

Regards.

Bellboy 19:05 17 Jan 04

ÑÌÇKÑÂMË
Audio Cds that I have made at 16x, seem OK, although some of my older blank discs were 8x max. I just felt that if I wanted quality, rather than speed, I would have that choice.
The Nero drive speed tab in the extras option seems only to give read speeds, which also seems wrong, as both drives are "writers".David

holly polly 20:02 17 Jan 04

i myself use nero 6 ,when you click the burn tab you usually have a final screen which appears you then select the write speed from the drop down box ,and then click ok -regards -hol pol....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…