Nero 5.5 problem on start-up

Jayeff 15:05 09 May 03

Hi folks! Can anyone out there help me understand this message I get when starting up Nero 5.5 (this has started only recently):-
"Auto Insert Notification is turned on in system configuration. Nero may burn O.K. if the necessary drivers are installed." Can I safely ignore this message, and if not, how can I find out if I have the necessary drivers installed?

Thanks in anticipation.

crx1600 16:18 09 May 03

from nero click here

"If the option 'Auto insert notification' is active, then Windows 95/98/NT will be informed straight away as soon as a new CD is inserted or when a CD is removed. Unfortunately this option can cause problems during the burning process so that it is advisable to deactivate this option:"

otubby1 18:05 09 May 03

I also have a strange dialog box opens at the startup of Nero - v5.5.8.1.bundled - "could not open driver. try system aspi.
The header of the dialog box is, NeroApix.
The programme 'appears' to run okey, although I'm a nove with it, so is it anything I should be concerned about?

woodchip 18:12 09 May 03

Right click my Computer click properties\Device Manager double click CD rom click on tabs and take the tick out of the Auto Insert

woodchip 18:16 09 May 03

It's a Nero Driver in C:\Windows\system\Iosubsys look for apix

crx1600 18:22 09 May 03

also you can choose between 'system aspi' and 'nero aspi' settings.it seems to be suggesting you change to 'system aspi'.

start\programs\ahead nero\nero toolkit\nero info tool\aspi

otubby1 18:25 09 May 03

I had a look and found 2.
Apix.vxd Which perports to being a virtual device driver, and:
Apix9x. bak which I presume is a bakup for the above. If the driver is there, how come I'm getting the original message when I first open Nero?

otubby1 18:28 09 May 03

just did that, changed it to nero, ditto, no change. Or am I going to have to reboot to see the change?

woodchip 18:31 09 May 03

You will have to reboot, it may not make any difference it cannot find the right driver. see how it goes

otubby1 18:33 09 May 03

Thanks very much guys. It doesn't, as yet, seem to be causing a problem so I'll find out when I reboot if it has worked.
See ya.

crx1600 18:35 09 May 03

i thought it was advising you set it to 'system aspi'.

i dont know much about it.just remembered seeing that option to change.

mine is set to 'system aspi'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch