Nero 5 help..

BaboonBoy22 23:21 12 Mar 06

Have just put my copy of Nero 5 onto my new computer, because I prefered this to the software that came with my drives. Anyway... for some reason I cannot create Video DVD's. For starters I can not select the DVD option in the wizard, and if I burn a video dvd (and it says it has done it successfully) there is nothing on the disc.
I've updated the nero software and the drivers for my drive.
So .. I'm a bit stuck.
Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks

mike1967 23:34 12 Mar 06

Dont you need at least Nero 6 for DVDS

DieSse 23:45 12 Mar 06

Dont you need at least Nero 6 for DVDS

Quite correct - you do need version6. Cheap place to get it

click here

DieSse 23:51 12 Mar 06

Actually I think v5.5 may burn DVDs too - but you're just as well going to v6 - as v5 to v5.5 is not a free update anyway.

Stuartli 23:52 12 Mar 06

You can get Nero6 Reloaded from here for free (apart from £2.99 p and p):

click here

Once you have it installed you can update it free on the Nero website.

Stuartli 23:54 12 Mar 06

Despite the arrival of Nero7 Ahead, as always to its credit, is continuing to update Nero6 on a regular basis.

BaboonBoy22 09:40 13 Mar 06

I could copy and create DVD's on my old machine with Nero 5 with no problems. Since installing it on my new system, and finding that it wouldn't work, I updated dated it to 5.5 (free update) and the problem still occurs.

Hertz Van Rentyl 10:17 13 Mar 06

What O/S were you using on your old machine?

BaboonBoy22 10:24 13 Mar 06

My old machine was XP Home.. current one XP Pro

Hertz Van Rentyl 10:42 13 Mar 06

Maybe your current drives are not supported in version 5, there is a list on Ahead site, other than that suggest you try version 6 anyway.

sikefula 11:07 13 Mar 06

Hi Baboonboy22,

...have a look at this earlier thread:click here same problem after unisntalling and reinstalling a perfectly-working Nero 5.Apparently,Nero is no longer able to burn DVds without having you buy the extra Dvd plug-ins from their website-don't bother-too expensive anyway from there...what you need to do is get some free dvd codec/plugins(google for it if possible-one called "FFDshow video decoder" is one I use-search this one and install on your Pc-Nero will then be able to burn Dvds coz the dvds plug-ins are now installed on your Pc,you should now be able to see the Dvd-burning option back on your Nero vision express-you may get a message from Nero saying before you proceed you need to buy dvd plug-ins from Nero-just ignore by clicking OK too close the window and continue to burn process.If you get no joy with FFD show,just try to install some more free MPEgnec codec or plug-ins by "googling" for them again-the idea is to have some DVD plug-ins on your Pc to be able to burn with Nero-sorry for a rather long responce-post back if you are stuck and we will keep you right-happy burning!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…