Nellie2 and Spywareguard

961 19:33 05 May 05

I've read Curlylad's thread and see you suggest Spywareguard for protection

I've had spywareguard on my system for some months and can't help noticing the files don't seem to have been updated since early 2004

Is this true, and if so does the combination of Spywareblaster and Spybot search and destroy, both of which seem to get regular updates, not do the trick?

VoG II 19:36 05 May 05

I'm not Nellie2 but

SpywareBlaster prevents spyware from installing. SpywareGuard is more like an anti-virus click here

I must agree that the lack of updates is not encouraging...

Lionheart ? 19:44 05 May 05

The reason for less frequent updates with SpywareGuard is that much of its detection abilities are heuristics in nature. (Basically this means it doesn't need a specific signature for every spyware it catches, simply an overall pattern or approach-used, which it can identify and then trigger off of.) So, SpywareGuard works for many of the newer versions of the same spyware installers even without adding "signatures" for them.

An update is made when there are new items coming out that are not detected that way.

Lionheart ? 19:44 05 May 05

The reason for less frequent updates with SpywareGuard is that much of its detection abilities are heuristics in nature. (Basically this means it doesn't need a specific signature for every spyware it catches, simply an overall pattern or approach-used, which it can identify and then trigger off of.) So, SpywareGuard works for many of the newer versions of the same spyware installers even without adding "signatures" for them.

An update is made when there are new items coming out that are not detected that way.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:45 05 May 05

I use MS Antispy only and get no problems....try it. ;-))

G

Lionheart ? 19:46 05 May 05

Don't know what happened there, never even pressed Post Response.

stalion 19:49 05 May 05

it's magic

Noels 19:58 05 May 05

Hello. Have just started my own thread and read yours. Yes not many updates but there have been some in the last 7 days or so

Regards Noels.

P,S. Have always been pleased with both prog

Lionheart ? 19:59 05 May 05

Spooky.

russmini 08:03 06 May 05

hjow about spyware blaster as an alternative ? that gets regular updates, every week / couple weeks or so.

Certainly seems to work for me.

handful 08:14 06 May 05

I used to use spywareblaster and MS Antispyware but now only the latter as I found the former used to slow my system down for some reason. Noticably quicker since uninstalling. MS product seems very effective and has a very secure 'feel' to it. Time will tell no doubt.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…