Negotiating Phone Menus using Skype

MS35 20:32 23 Feb 06

Help, Have i missed something?

Once I'm connected on a call using Skype software and a headset and the phone system i've called needs me to press a number to negotiate their menu system what do I do?

keef66 21:17 23 Feb 06

I'm new to Skype myself, but I suspect it's no good for dialling that kind of system which you can only navigate using a touch tone phone.

Correct me if I'm wrong

pharte 21:50 23 Feb 06

I've just got skype and use the skypeout feature as a normal phone .
the way to use the phone is to use the international dialling method, drop the first 0 on the number, dial the full number including the std code and finish with the hash key.
example:
01942602566 will become:
00441942602566#.

once you are connected it is exactly the same as a normal phone, I called my bank and inputted the codes as normal and everything worked fine.

Hope this helps.....by the way use a usb phone or an usb adaptor and plug any type of normal phone in...I use two cordless phones on the system and have even put the numbers into the phone memory so I just push a single button on the menu and it dials for you

keef66 23:07 23 Feb 06

So you can do all that dial 1 for sales and 2 for technical support stuff if you're using a phone rather than the keyboard / headset?

Marvellous; I must get one.

Audeal 23:31 23 Feb 06

pharte:
So how about a link to this so called usb phone adapter. I have looked on the Maplin site but I don't have a clue what I am looking for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac