negative scanner help

paulhis777 02:29 16 Mar 15

hello i wish to buy a negative scanner but they are so many out i don't want a cheap one around the £100 i have found many old negatives from my auntie from the very small ones to very big one 2"x 3" ? i need a scanner that can scan many sizes
any help please thanks paul

john bunyan 09:38 16 Mar 15

Here you are; it does more or less everything, from negatives, slides and normal copying. Doesn't print, though.

Canonscan 9000F Mk11

Review

It is about £160. I have an older 8000F

Daisy_Michael 10:16 16 Mar 15

Consider eBay or Amazon at click here & click here - They have a great range of negative scanners listed at them.

john bunyan 10:50 16 Mar 15

Beware the cheapos. You get what you pay for; the resolution on some of the cheap ones is poor - look at detailed specs first.

paulhis777 01:37 19 Mar 15

hello thanks for your advice what do you think about this type of scanner better than a flatbed scanner or not ? thanks Paul

click here

paulhis777 01:39 19 Mar 15

sorry could you click on the link in my last post to view scanner which i like !

john bunyan 09:37 19 Mar 15

The fact is that the smaller the source, the higher the scanning level is required. The product you mention talks of 14 megapixels, but on a 35mm neg that is not much, and it relies on software to increase it. The Canon will scan optically to much higher levels. I do recommend reading the reviews on both products via Google etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…