Needing help with two sets of RAM

Tomuk2011 02 Jul 11

Hi everyone,

Could anyone let me know if I can use this ram:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/240498

with this ram:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Patriot-DDR3-1333-Memory-Module/dp/B002IVGFEE/ref=sr14?ie=UTF8&qid=1309630801&sr=8-4

in the same computer.

Thanks in advance

Tomuk2011 02 Jul 11

Anyone?

Algerian peter 02 Jul 11

Yes if th ecomputer supports 12 Gb of ram in 4 slots.

Tomuk2011 03 Jul 11

Thanks for the reply, My motherboard supports upto 16GB of ram, so shouldn't be a problem. Also running windows 7 64 bit.

retep888™ 03 Jul 11

This is an odd combination of Rams, i.e.2x4Gbs & 2x2Gbs ,dual channel won't work.

Suggest you go to your motherboard's manufacturer and check the QVL (Memory Support List).

Algerian peter 03 Jul 11

retep888™

With thwe motherboard supporting so much ram it might run in triple memory mode. I have 2 different types of ddr3 1333 ( 3 x 2gb ) that runs in triple on my machine. With the differnt sizes as you post Tomuk2011 should check the motherboard site out.

retep888™ 03 Jul 11

Algerian peter

Tomuk2011 wrote My motherboard supports upto 16GB of ram, so shouldn't be a problem that means he's got a 4 Ram slots motherboard which won't support Triple channel mode.

You wrote I have 2 different types of ddr3 1333 ( 3 x 2gb ) that runs in triple on my machine

I don't mean that his motherboard won't be able to run those different makes of Rams together but won't be in maximum speed therefore I suggested him to check motherboard's site for compatibility and support as well.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message