ThickMick 19:06 17 Jan 08

I have an Acer F5 Intel P4 3.0gGhz
256 ddr2 ram plus 2x 512 ddr2 ram
Integrated graphics ATI Radeon xpress 200 series
Shared video memory
two 80gb HD plus external 360gb
Spare pc1 express slots and pc1 slots
300w P/S

Besides watching TV. I would like to transfer VHS tapes to DVD's and wondered if a TV card was an option. Also if my system needed any additions.

Totally-braindead 19:12 17 Jan 08

I've seen external TV cards that connect via USB and you could get a capture card with a tuner that would do the job I suppose.

Don't know which one to buy but if you don't want to edit video and just want to record existing video to DVD then its easier and less time consumming to connect a video recorder to a standalone DVD recorder via the SCARTs and record that way. A 2 hour video can be recorded to DVD in 2 hours but doing it via a PC will take much much longer and would take a large amount of hard drive space.

Up to you of course, I'm sure someone will suggest a good capture card for you.

ThickMick 19:17 17 Jan 08

Thanks T-B Would like the option to edit them but not essential so will see any other thoughts. Plus cost as well.

Totally-braindead 19:25 17 Jan 08

I don't know which one to advise on but Hauppauge has a good rep as does Pinnacle. Both well known makes.

ThickMick 22:25 17 Jan 08

Thanks for the help now to convince the Mrs

Technotiger 22:29 17 Jan 08

I have a Hauppage WinTV card. I also have a normal household VCR connected to the PC/TV Card, which means that I can get VHS Video onto the PC easily.

Technotiger 22:36 17 Jan 08

This is a 'grab' from TV Program.

[URL=click here][IMG]

ThickMick 18:48 18 Jan 08

Thanks to all and will wait for my tax rebate to get one later in the month.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac