Need to wipe pc clean

sugarbabe 20:33 03 Sep 07

Hi am trying to wipe a work pc clean so that there is no history at all on the pc that could be used by others.

Is there a program that can do this and leave operating system in tact and is it 100% safe.

Thanks for your help.

Kingfisher 20:41 03 Sep 07

sugarbabe have a look at this google click here=

sugarbabe 22:33 03 Sep 07

is there any particular programs that anyone would recommend as good

woodchip 22:45 03 Sep 07

No program can do what you ask

woodchip 22:47 03 Sep 07

Just as an aside, After you Remove a Program from Add Remove Programs. If you look in Regedit you will find pointers all over the Registry to the Program

baldtaco 22:50 03 Sep 07

sugarbabe, hola

The best you can hope for is to use click here or something very similar. It will cost you your OS to do that. I'm in agreement with woodchip.

Cuddles 17:13 04 Sep 07

Try this click here or do a low level format.

sugarbabe 17:24 04 Sep 07

Problem i have is i have put new hard drive in so there is definately no history. but laptop now has issues. it is a sony viao laptop and is now coming up with error messages where it has sony files missing.

Can i just copy across the files it is looking for??

I was hoping that i could put hard drive back in and wipe it clean but can only do that if it is 100% effective

Technotiger 17:26 04 Sep 07

If you have the missing files, yes you should be able to copy them across.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…