Need Webspace & Domain Name

Big Ben 15:42 26 Sep 03

I have been running a non-business site on a freespace server. This means I get adverts and my Domain name is too complicated.

Can anyone reccommend we webhost that will supply me with at leat 100mb space (upgradable), and a domain name, for a good price. It would need to be dreamweaver compatible and preferably with web-based e-mail and several addresses which can also be used in outlook when i'm at home.

Basically a good value package, anyone?

Big Ben 16:30 26 Sep 03

Someone must know a decent one?

milly54 16:43 26 Sep 03

Try getdotted.com to choose an available domain name. Once you've purchased a two year lease, their sister company, freeola.com, will host it for free.
I believe webspace is "unlimited" and you can set up more e-mail addresses than yoou could possibly need.

good luck
milly54

Forum Editor 19:14 26 Sep 03

click here

because they're a smallish, friendly, and highly professional company, and I've hosted my clients' sites with them for years. I can think of no good reason to go elsewhere, so I don't - even though I'm sure I could find someone who would shave a few pounds off here and there.

If you design or run websites with any degree of seriousness the one thing you need to rely on absolutely is your web host..........and I know I can.

keith-236785 21:21 26 Sep 03

Forum Editor is right, if you have found one you can trust why change.

have you tried contacting the freespace server provider you are currently using to see if they offer an upgrade (for a price of course).

if you are happy with the webspace as it is with the adverts but would like your own domain name you could just buy a domain name for a few pounds and have it redirect to your webspace, so if your web address is for example

click here, you could perhaps buy click here, and set it to redirect to click here.

if you want the whole package, i have used domainnamesgb

costs about £60 for two years but dont know about the dreamweaver bit.

SDJ 22:00 26 Sep 03

Ive been dealing with these guys and their service is fantastic click here
Really good value!

SDJ 22:00 26 Sep 03

sorry make that click here

Megatyte 00:52 27 Sep 03

This one takes some beating.

click here

AH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…