Need to update motherboard.

Boysetsfire757 05:18 12 Jul 06

Ok so I did look around this place to gain some info but it only took me so far. My computer keeps crashing and returning to the blue screen with tech numbers and junk. I'm thinking that it's my motherboard (could be my RAM but for now I'm going with my motherboard). So I find out some information reguarding my motherboard and go to the manufactoring site to get the driver updates. Well I don't understand what to download.

Board: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-6577 020
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.10 01/09/2003
504 Megabytes Installed Memory
Slot 'A0' has 512 MB
Slot 'A1' is Empty
2.53 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

I went to the Micro-start site and don't know which driver to download. If you guys need anymore information about my computer then ask.

Here's the site. click here

Gongoozler 05:36 12 Jul 06

Hi Boysetsfire757. The only drivers that you should need for this motherboard are for the onboard sound and graphics. Windows generally looks after the Intel motherboard chipset itself. I think it's unlikely to be the motherboard that is causing your problem, and if hardware is the cause then I think your other suspicion - the memory - is much more likely. If you can give more information regarding the error messages and the circumstances of the crashes then we might be able to give more specific advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac