Need to trf emails from 1 computer to another

goody2shoes 18:37 15 Mar 03

Hello

I have just got a new computer whic uses xp
my old comp was win 98
i would like to trf all my emails in inbox , sent items etc ( i have about 12 subfolders )

before when i have done this, all i did was copy and paste the dbx files in c: Windows - application data - Identities - microsoft - out look - and in there are the dbx files

but it does not seem to work in xp
are they in a diff folder ?

or does anyone know an easyer way ?

also does anyone know how to do the same with my favorites folder ( in internet explorer )

i would be very gratefull for any help

thanks,
andreas

DieSse 18:43 15 Mar 03

Don't copy the .dbx files - copy the folder that contains then - then whilst in OE, do a File - Import from the menu, and at the appropriate place in the Wizard, point it to the copied folder. Done it lots of times - works perfectly.

The favourites folder - you can just copy the contents in to the XP favourites folder without problems.

Rayuk 18:44 15 Mar 03

C:\Documents and Settings\Ray\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{F5C30586-A760-4FE0-969C-4BC28B5A21A9}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

This is where they should be
You will have to set view all files to show hidden files as the Local Settings is a hidden file.
Not trying to say your name is ray either.

C:\Documents and Settings\Ray
Should get you to where Favs are hiding

VoG™ 18:58 15 Mar 03

can be transferred using File/Import and Export in Internet Explorer

goody2shoes 19:01 15 Mar 03

Fantastic !!!

Was trying for well over an hour 1/2 earlier.

took just 5 mins

Thanks alot, Andreas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…