need tips for photo printing please

sunnystaines 09:31 09 Oct 14

using windows 8.1 and hp 2575 photsmart printer with hp ink.

always just printed letters etc. but tried printing 4x6 photograrphs for first time using 4x6 kodak gloss photopaper.

quality of pictures good, but alignment of picture with an even margin around the picture erratic some perfect some out of line.

Any tips on how to get this sorted tried removing and replacing paper in the tray no joy may print some ok and others out of alignment with sloping margins or wider on one side.

BT 10:18 09 Oct 14

Can be caused by the paper not being totally flat. I have some double sided paper that I use for Greeting cards. Its Glossy on one side and matt inkjet on the other and tends to have a slight curl even after being stored flat in a box, and sometimes gets caught up in the printer. I've taken to flattening it by pulling it under a ruler to curl it back and it seems to help.

BT 10:19 09 Oct 14

Also make sure the paper guides in the tray are set close but not too tight.

spuds 10:44 09 Oct 14

Agree with BT, also check on how many photo papers you are trying to feed or stock at one time.

spuds 10:46 09 Oct 14

Whoops: "or stock at one time" = 'Stack' in the tray at any one time

john bunyan 11:16 09 Oct 14

I prefer to use A4 photo paper, 240g/m2. I rotate prints to landscape at size 19 x 14.5 mm put one over the other to get 2 to a page, portrait style.

hssutton 11:25 09 Oct 14

Not too sure about HP printers, but Canon printers have in their print dialogue a box "Position and Size" with a selection box that requires ticking to centralize the image.

Woolwell 11:33 09 Oct 14

Epson printers have the "tick to centralize the image" too and would think that HP have that option.

sunnystaines 18:11 09 Oct 14

thanks for the replies will try out the advice given

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…