Need A Super Budjit PC, Please Help!

legitmad 09:47 24 Feb 03

Ok I have exactly 600 pounds to spend. My computer must have Intel Pentium 4 2,4Ghz+, a 17inch monitor or even tft :P, 512mb Ram, A DVD player, CDR, 80 gigz, no operateing system, key board, mouse on board sound card or better and 12 months warrenty.
AT Net high street for that spec I was given a quote of 618.5 including VAT.
SO any near offers to that would be great.
Thanx,
Max

MAJ 10:26 24 Feb 03
  *mark 10:54 24 Feb 03

Does that price include delivery ? Why are you insistent on a P4 2.4 btw ? Why no graphics card ? Why no rewriter ?

It might help if you mentioned what you want the PC for exactly, knowing your needs may help other Forum Members recomend a system more suited for the tasks required of it ?

If my memory serves me correctly NetHighStreet supply systems with Hansol monitors which arent much cop.

Seems like an ok price for the spec though.

If you were to consider an AMD chip you might want to look at an upgraded Campus Eclipse 220GTX (if you phone they may be able to do a deal without an operating system!) Do you need the PC straight away ? Maybe you could wait just 2/3 weeks untill the next batch of Computer Mags come out, there might be a Budget group test in one of them ? As im sure you know, systems specifically built for a group test offer far superior value than standard stock systems...

Hope this helps.

Mark.

jazzypop 12:48 24 Feb 03

Try this site - click here - they have a wide range of overstock PCs from 'famous-name' suppliers.

If you click the 'computers' link on the left, you can search by price.

Prices exclude VAT, some supply the monitor as an extra item. The vast majority come with the manufacturer's warranty. I have used them several times without problems.

pj123 21:48 25 Feb 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…