Need sum help removing the remains of..

Zinedene-285364 18:05 06 Dec 03

Hi,

I recently installed flash hunter demo, and within minutes I un-installed it...

Now, upon searching PC thru search function, there is no files of the prog.

But on internet Xplorer, under the tools button, I have a 'launch flash hunter' option, inbetween windows update, and internet options...

I wanna get rid of it, can anyone help?

Zinedene

Diodorus Siculus 18:22 06 Dec 03

Right click on start button and choose explore or open. Delete the shortcut from there.

The Spires 18:22 06 Dec 03

If you have Windows XP you could restore to a previous date like yesterday.

Diodorus Siculus 18:23 06 Dec 03

Sorry, sorry, sorry ... read that wrong.

I'll do a search and see where I can get to for you.

Diodorus Siculus 18:26 06 Dec 03

If you are comfortable with the registry, you can back it up and do a search in there - it is likely to be there somewhere.

Zinedene-285364 18:27 06 Dec 03

thanks for the help people.

Yeah, i got XP..
dont really wanna restore, as I cant really remember when I installed this prog. Its only lately that I have spotted the option in the 'tools' button...if i do restore, then I will lose other changes I made to system, and that aint gonna help me.

This little link must be located somewhere o my pc, for it to be able to keep soming up in internet explorer. Obviously, the link doesnt work, as thier is nothing to load..

Zinedene-285364 18:30 06 Dec 03

any ideas where to look in registry...
I dont mind giving it a try...

Also, im thinking about re-installing the software, and seeing if their is a option for browser integration or something, that I could possibly turn off, then, un-install...

Once again, any advice and ideas appreicated.

Zinedene

Diodorus Siculus 18:31 06 Dec 03

Not sure where in the registry; just do a search for the term and it may throw it up.

Zinedene-285364 18:42 06 Dec 03

found it in the registry.....

now, what do I do with it...can I just delete the whole folder in the left pane, or is it just the 'path'line showing in the right pane?

Also, not sure if im meant to be deleting or replacing it with something else.

VoG II 18:44 06 Dec 03

File/Export to save a backup somewhere handy like the desktop. Then delete the entire key (left pane), exit regedit and reboot.

Zinedene-285364 18:47 06 Dec 03

thanks VoG,

will try now. and then reboot, and come back online..
to find out if it worked...

thanks,

Zinedene

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…