Need to start from scratch, but SCARED - Help !!

Dick_Dastardly 22:12 24 Jul 06

Won't bore you with the stories behind this etc, but I need to wipe my Hard Drive, re-install the operating system and basically start my PC again from scratch.

I have (far too many) family photo's and video stored, which I have no problem backing up, but I'm very nervous about how I actually wipe the system clean and start again - is it quite easy?

Could really do with a few pointers as to what I need to do, risks to look out for (I have recovery disks etc) and a re-assuring pat on the back that everything will be OK

Many thanks

DD

VoG II 22:14 24 Jul 06

If XP click here

sil_ver 22:16 24 Jul 06

Question......Do you have the windows disc or just a recovery set?. If you have the Win disc it's fairly easy to wipe, reformat and reinstall but recovery discs I'm not sure about

mammak 22:24 24 Jul 06

been on this forum a few years and have never known our VoG™ to fail he is one of the best go with this man and your up and running.

Dick_Dastardly 22:32 24 Jul 06

WOW - that's what I call service, thanks guys.

For the record I am on XP, and I do have the Windows disk, so I'll take a peek at the tutorial and see if it's simple enough for me to handle !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced