Need For Speed Underground

Freddog 13:30 12 Nov 05

I have NFS U and on my 3.06GHZ P4 Laptop it takes a while to load whereas on my 1.67 GHZ Sempron it is quick is it coz its on a laptop or is it a freakin Pentium problem or is it a software proble as the laptop keeps freezing sometimes I can move the mouse when it does freeze but most of the time ni any ideas for the freezing and the game?? Oh yeah there both running XPSp2 and have got 512MB of ram.

Freddog™ 13:32 12 Nov 05

The Laptop keeps freezing ever since I re-formated it.

De Marcus™ 13:40 12 Nov 05

The freezing could be down to the onboard graphics card in the laptop, if however your experiencing general freezes, I'd suggest running the system file checker.

Presuming you have an xp disk, go to start, run and type EXACTLY as it appears the following:

sfc /scannow

Freddog™ 13:43 12 Nov 05

Yeah when you "Send Error Report" it says its a graphics card driver error but we've loaded the VERY latest driver and the one before and its all the same.

De Marcus™ 13:44 12 Nov 05

Try running the system file checker then.

Chegs ® 13:48 12 Nov 05

I love NFSU,and have played it from begging to end several times.I'm slightly miffed as the NFSU server(to play against others online)is often devoid of users now,those that do use it tend to have all kinds of cheats enabled. :-(

The only thing I can think of thats causing the issues you describe are possibly caused by a driver(graphics)problem,can you use an older driver than your present? Does the laptop have onboard graphics?

Freddog™ 13:50 12 Nov 05

Yeah the latop has on-board graphics I need the disc to use the checker and my cat is on me so I cant move (cute little thing)!!!!!

Freddog™ 13:57 12 Nov 05

Running the checker now tell you when it's done.

Freddog™ 15:20 12 Nov 05

I ran the checker and left it to help my dad with his van. When I got back the screen was normal with no programs running. Huh?

Skills 15:33 12 Nov 05

The checker will exit itself once it has finished checking files.

De Marcus™ 15:33 12 Nov 05

That's normal. If it found any problem files it would have replaced them. If the problems persist, graphics card drivers and or graphics ability may be the problem, has the game ever played on the laptop or has it just started?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…