Need to speed start up!!!

CutNpaste 17:23 26 Oct 05

Hi evrybody,
i am just annoyed of my slow start-up time on my laptop. As soon as i log-in i have to wait ages for all those apps to open and settle down.

Can anyone tell me how i can get rid of those apps to that they dont start on start-up.
also is there any recomended software that will speed up my start up.

SANTOS7 17:27 26 Oct 05

start>run> type msconfig click ok select startup tab
and deselect from there what you do not want to run at startup... 18:21 26 Oct 05

what he said... just be careful not to uncheck any critical system files (If you are using XP it will warn you)

Also, make sure you don't uncheck any anti-virus or firewall software otherwise you will need to manually start these up every time you log in to remain protected

freaky 18:26 26 Oct 05

Could be that you need more RAM!

CutNpaste 19:24 26 Oct 05

cheers for that!!
and yes i might need more ram.
i got only 256.
How do i find out wot sort of memory i need - cos it doesnt state in the manual.
i got the Toshiba Satellite Pro L10 P-M 725
anyone own this laptop - please could you tell me wot type of memory it needs.

woodchip 19:32 26 Oct 05

That was the first thing I did after getting new Laptop. Put another 256Mb in it

flimbo 19:34 26 Oct 05

Go to click here
This will scan your PC and inform you which kind of memory you need.

woodchip 19:35 26 Oct 05

However the Hard drives are a lot slower than for desktops but going to rectify that next by fitting a new 60Gb drive at over 5000 Rpm the one in now runs at 4200rpm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…