Need for speed !

wotbus@ 10:42 24 Apr 03

I will shortly be using ADSL 128kbs. Until now I have used Download and Net Accelerator utilities. Will my new connection make these redundant or are they still of some use?

-pops- 10:45 24 Apr 03

Personally, I don't think those things were any use in the first place.

Almost certain they will now be redundant especially as you are permanently connected. you can just leave it to it to do the downloads while you have a cup of tea or whatever you drink!!

Brian

wotbus@ 10:59 24 Apr 03

from the net, mainly Flt Sim related stuff, and DAP definitely works. I dont surf much, yet, so I cant really compare the Net utility. I was just wondering about the technical aspect of it all.

vaughan007 11:18 24 Apr 03

DAP does help if you are downloading from rubbish servers with slow rates. Even with 512k connection it helps a bit. Also, if you are downloading enourmous files that take hours and hours (or days) even with fast connection, then you can use download managers to "pause" your download. So they are at least of some use for that.

Basically, yeah keep using them.

Bebee 12:35 24 Apr 03

I used Getright on 56k and found it essential. I have removed it since having NTL 600k and have not found a problem. I don't download anything enormous - the odd progam. If you are downloading large files regularly I would tend to try it both with and without and see how it goes.

wotbus@ 13:39 24 Apr 03

good to have other ideas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…