Need some Help With Ram

Judge2 10:14 09 May 08

Hi

My motherboard can take up to 4gb of ram and recently I brought 1gb of ram to upgrade from my 768mb of ram it worked a treat so I invested in another 1gb and added that so i had 2gb of ram.

When i have both in the pc my pc starts and recognises the ram so i have 2gb but when i start playing on the computer it just freezes and crashes I can't do anything and i have to switch it off at the back or from the plug.

I have no idea why it should be doing this as I brought exactly the same ram as before so both ram are 1gb and exactly the same.

If anyone knows or can help me with this problem I would be most appreciated.

Many thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:23 09 May 08

Memory Test
click here
click here

The Kestrel 12:22 09 May 08

How many memory slots does your motherboard have? Which slots are the two sticks in? Try changing them around as this often solves the sort of problem you are having. Do you still have the original RAM sticks in as well? If so try removing them and only use the two new sticks.

Judge2 12:42 09 May 08

Thanks Fruit Bat will test that when i get home.

The Kestrel, I have only 2 slots I will try and change them around and see if that makes a difference I only have the 1gb ram stick in at the moment nothing else as when i had the 512mb one in as well it would sometimes restart my pc I took that out and I dont have a problem.
It just seems weird

wee eddie 12:58 09 May 08

Be aware ~ To the best of my knowledge, many Memory Tests can take up to 12 hours or more.

Jim_F 13:21 09 May 08

I'd memtest each stick in turn as I've been caught out by a similar problem - in my case it was defected RAM which didn't show up until I started running dual channel.

Judge2 09:42 12 May 08

I switched the 2 sticks round and it seems to work fine now thxs for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…