need some basic advice about 3d software

edennorman 15:28 29 Jan 04

I need some basic advice about 3d software, what I want to be able to do is..working with 2D image files, be able to "simply" construct 3D movies in .swf or .avi

Is there any such software available?

if I understand you correctly (and I'm not certain that I do) you could use a combination of any 2D graphics package (photo-shop, paint-shop, photo-impact et al..)to make the original 2D images(sprites) then you will need Macromedia Flash (or one of the less powerful but way cheaper alternatives such as Swish or Coffee-Cup Firestarter)to move the images through time and space.

One very useful program, for making the individual frames of your movie,if you can get it is Microsoft 'Image Composer'. Which I dont think is available as a stand-alone product but used to bundled in with front-page(2000 i think, a little before my time)

edennorman 12:32 30 Jan 04

Thanks for the reply..

What I'me trying to do...with no knowledge of flash..but some grasp of this.
Imagine you are looking at a bookshelf from the front...all you can see is a row of book spines..ok? Now suppose you want to bring one of those books out of the book shelf towards you and in the process turn it around so that the front cover is facing you...a movie perhaps only a few seconds long..well that is exactly what I'me after doing...does that help you to help me?

Thanks again for the reply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…