Need some advice on a home IT setup

rumz 18:50 09 Sep 10

Hi guys,

Seen loads of post, and searched through the net, but couldnt really find my answer...

Summary: Family of 4 entrepreneurial business people running 2 businesses from home.

1 business is a consultancy, and another is Organic Delivery.

I have 2 PC’s (which are 6 years old) and 1 is used as a server, except they are a standalone.

1 of the machines is the main machine, which is used for accounting, payroll and has a G-raid backup and WD mybook harddrives as storage. Not an ideal situation really.

The organic business also is situated in another site, which comprises of 1 PC. This PC is only used for excel spreadsheets and is saved locally. I use LogMeIn to access that PC and find it very cumbersome to use.

The main 2 PC’s are old, dying and cannot install SP3.

I also have 1 Laptop with Vista, 1 mac book pro (that is using a vista dualboot using vmware) and another Imac

The other two people in the business are photgraphers and therefore utilise some hdd space.

My ideal Solution:

I need to come up with a a solution that doesnt require LogmeIn (or variations of) to access the remote PC.

Also, I need to be able to integrate the Mac and Windows environment.

What do you guys recommed?

Thanks in advance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…