Need some advice on FOUND NEW HARDWARE

ZEROTOLERANCE 12:21 09 Nov 04

i have a bear paw 2400cu+ scanner its been connected for about 6months with no probs. however about 4 days ago i restarted my comp and i got the message found new hardware to install etc etc, i thought maybe one of my kids had accidentaly uninstalled it, so i tryed to reinstall it,[which it wouldnt allow]
onchecking the scanner i found it was still installed and working. but everytime i restart the comp now,
it gives me the ""found new hardware"" message asking if i want to install the scanner again??

Any ideas or suggestions would be very handy

thanx in advance

ZT

recap 12:23 09 Nov 04

Did you uninstall it before trying to reinstall it? If not I would try uninstalling the device first.

iambeavis 12:35 09 Nov 04

I had the same problem with my tablet mouse which has been installed for 6 months. On Friday the "found new hardware" wizard decided that it was new and started to pop up whenever I switched the computer on. I clicked cancel every time but it continued to pop up so, last night, I allowed it to do as it wished by way of installing the tablet and I've had no problem since.

ZEROTOLERANCE 12:35 09 Nov 04

no i havnt, because i assumed it had become uninstalled, i didnt bother,
an then when i found it was "still" installed!!!!.

so, even though its still installed, you think just uninstall and reinstall may do the trick then i presume, yes?

ZT

ZEROTOLERANCE 12:37 09 Nov 04

thanx,

i did try to let it install, but it goes through the proccess, then it must realise its still installed an quits???????

jack 14:21 09 Nov 04

Looks like. Uninstall/close down- not restart/ wait a bit/restart/reinstall.
Should do it
j

ZEROTOLERANCE 18:14 10 Nov 04

thanx all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now