Need to solve Sata Raid conflicts with ATA Raid

What the Hell 11:12 29 Apr 05

I have SATA stripped raid setup on Asus A7NX8 motherboard which works fine with Bios set up to boot from Scsi no problems. I have tried to add a PCI ATA RAID Controller card which I can install and it works fine if I do not add any hard drives to it,CD drives are fine, but hard drives and I get a boot up message stating that NTLDR error and can only un plug ata hard drive and re-boot. is there any way of setting a priority on the scsi drives making the Sata Drives 1 and the ATA drives on the pci card 2.
If I use an ide drive to boot from I can add what I like to the pci card and all is reconised along with the sata drives.
Hope someone can help.

sunny staines 11:20 29 Apr 05

I do not have SATA yet but from what I have read on SATA you need to install the sata drivers as windows only comes with early sata drivers.

Chegs ® 12:11 29 Apr 05

I think its likely to depend on what boot options the BIOS allows.This will vary dependant on the mobo used.

What the Hell 13:38 29 Apr 05

The motherboard only give all the usual options there is only scsi if only there was an option for scsi 1 or scsi 2. Silicon image still have not replied to me and they wrote the drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…