Need to solve Sata Raid conflicts with ATA Raid

What the Hell 11:12 29 Apr 05

I have SATA stripped raid setup on Asus A7NX8 motherboard which works fine with Bios set up to boot from Scsi no problems. I have tried to add a PCI ATA RAID Controller card which I can install and it works fine if I do not add any hard drives to it,CD drives are fine, but hard drives and I get a boot up message stating that NTLDR error and can only un plug ata hard drive and re-boot. is there any way of setting a priority on the scsi drives making the Sata Drives 1 and the ATA drives on the pci card 2.
If I use an ide drive to boot from I can add what I like to the pci card and all is reconised along with the sata drives.
Hope someone can help.

sunny staines 11:20 29 Apr 05

I do not have SATA yet but from what I have read on SATA you need to install the sata drivers as windows only comes with early sata drivers.

Chegs ® 12:11 29 Apr 05

I think its likely to depend on what boot options the BIOS allows.This will vary dependant on the mobo used.

What the Hell 13:38 29 Apr 05

The motherboard only give all the usual options there is only scsi if only there was an option for scsi 1 or scsi 2. Silicon image still have not replied to me and they wrote the drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017