need a separate window from the same browser link

trappist 23:02 03 Feb 05

i would be very grateful if anyone can tell me how to generate a different window each time i press the same pop up at an internet site.It would be useful to view changing information in a series of windows.I tried installing different web browsers but with limited success.Any replies gratefully received.

octal 23:11 03 Feb 05

If you're using IE, right mouse click the link and Open in separate window. Have you tried Firefox? its got very good tabbed browsing incorporated in it.

trappist 13:15 04 Feb 05

i think what i need to be able to do is install 4 separate browsers that each throw up an independent window from the same link.i tried what you suggested and it threw up a blank page.

mattyc_92 15:19 04 Feb 05

Press and hold "Shift" while you click onto a Link... This is a quicker way than the "Right-click" nonsense.... I have been using this little trick for about 2 years now and it is great for when you are using a serach engine and you want to keep the search engine's results open and aopen one of the results in another window...

Eargasm 15:25 04 Feb 05

Cheers mate, i had been using file/new/window but holding down the shift key is a lot better option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…