Need to restart WLAN AutoConfig Services

The Dazza 21:59 24 Oct 09

Can anyone find a way to stop the need to restart WLAN AutoConfig Services in Administrative Tools everytime I boot up my laptop and want to connect to the internet?

Windows Vista

Technotiger 22:29 24 Oct 09

Within the Auto Config software there is usually the option to save your configuration, sometimes called a Profile, for auto use in future.

The Dazza 23:45 24 Oct 09

I can only find properties and I am not sure what to change in there, anyone know?

birdface 09:21 25 Oct 09

If using XP or Vista.It is usually Administrative Tools.Services.Scroll down to WLAN and set it to run automatically.

birdface 09:29 25 Oct 09

To set it to run automatically I thing you have to double click it and a box should open ,In the dropdown bar just show run automatically Ok or apply,I believe that is the way that you do it.

The Dazza 21:09 25 Oct 09

It is already set at automatic.

birdface 13:36 26 Oct 09

Try typing msconfig into the run bar and press Ok.
Go to the start up bit at the top and open it.
Anything for wireless Router or WLAN make sure it has been ticked to open at start up..The next time you reboot a box will appear just tick the little square and press Ok and you will not be bothered with the box appearing again.See if that helps

The Dazza 14:13 30 Oct 09

that didn't help, everything is already ticked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…