Need replacment AC Adapter for Toshiba Sat A40-141

Giggle n' Bits 10:39 21 Jul 04

Trying to find a Ac Adpater for the Toshiba Satalite A40 laptop. Its end got crushed in a door when winding it up etc.

The AC Adapter is Model No. PA3237U-1ACA I have found places like dabs, watford etc selling the PA3237E but it is not the correct type.

Shurely there must be a place in UK who sells them.

jack 10:54 21 Jul 04

Have you tried the Toshiba Web site?
Also look in Micromart publishes Thurdays
All the bits and bobs suppliers in there including refurb laptop merchants

Check the input voltage and get a multi voltage
stabilized unit from the likes of Dixons/PC World- when set to the voltage reqired glue the switch fixed.

j

terryr48 11:05 21 Jul 04

Try Maplins they have a universal adaptor click here- I don't know if it will be any good but you could give them a call

Giggle n' Bits 11:40 21 Jul 04

Dabs, Simply, Watford, Maplins, Toshiba site UK & Tosh Europe, Scan, Microdirect, Aria, Part-Master, PC World (Where is came from), Google search.

Can find the PA3237E but not the PA3237U

There is a universal one floating about but its risky buying without seeing the end plug socket online.

Still open to suggestions

terryr48 20:38 24 Jul 04

Do you have a Maplins store near you?

I happened to go in the one at lakeside and it had 2 or 3 different universal adaptors with loads of end sockets- sorry I forgot to note the part nos and I live too far away to go back for a while

sicknote 21:01 24 Jul 04

They show that adapter here at £89 click here

this place show that adapter but it's not in stock but could be worth a call to make sure

click here

fred 21:09 24 Jul 04

click here

click here

may help Not explored in detail though.

Giggle n' Bits 22:53 24 Jul 04

I eventually spoke to Toshiba in uk and not very helpfull. They gave me a few contacts of who sotck there parts and guranateed the parts to be in at one place. Called this number and they have been on order for 3 weeks.

I must have got the last one (new) in the uk. After hell of a time (4 hours) searching Goolge 1 place had 1 left.

All the other suppliers saying that they had them instock on there sites were all saying instock. I must have ordered the Ac Aptr 4 times and got emails of appolgies saying they are not in stock and are on order.

There AC Adapters are like godl dust for Toshiba A20/A40 laptops.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…