Need a replacement screen for acer aspire7004

davidmartin 14:11 23 Jun 08

My son broke the screen for his acer aspire7004wsmi. The screen is a 172WXGA+Acer CrystalBrite.
I need a replacement screen or is there a compatable screen that would fit his aspire.

crosstrainer 14:24 23 Jun 08

I'm sorry to have to say, that just getting hold of a screen is not going to solve your problem.

This type of laptop repair would only be undertaken by an Acer qualified dealer (I am One, and we rarely bother repairing them, it's just not economic)

Best you can do is take it to the dealer you purchsed it from, and get a quote.

This link will give you an idea of what WE would have to pay to repair it.

click here

Artheus 14:37 23 Jun 08

Mhm I've done such a thing just a couple a days ago :) There was some trouble with opening the Laptop but at the end of the day It WORKS perfectley. I might as well have this LCD somwhere at home. I'll have a look.

jack 16:56 24 Jun 08

What I am getting at, many folk have a laptop but don't actually hump it around much.
If you are one of those- perhaps a suitable LCD monitor plugged into the monitor out let will serve you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…