Need to remove 2 trojans

Stuart Leyland 00:11 29 May 03

Hi all.

According to Housecall Anti virus (click here) I have two trojans on my computer: BKDR_RAMDAM.A and BKDR_SDBOT.GEN. I have managed to find some information on the latter of the two (click here) but with regards to removal, I have not found anything which will work.

All information on that page about removal is not applicable as I cannot find any of the files that are supposedly infected by it. I use AVG anti virus which I ran a complete scan from this evening. It found 1 virus/trojan/worm and repaired it (I believe). To make sure I then ran the test again and nothing appeared.

Does anyone know how to remove these two trojans?

Thanks

Stuart

Terrahawk 00:19 29 May 03

try this
click here

bvw in bristol 00:19 29 May 03

click here for Ramdam.a which states:

This is a server program of a backdoor dropped by WORM_XMS.A, a malware that spreads via Kazaa. It installs itself and compromises the security of the affected system.

woodchip 00:24 29 May 03

First Trojan click here Cannot fid any info on the second

Stuart Leyland 00:30 29 May 03

Thanks for the links guys. I've just downloaded Spybot and it is running now. Thanks Terrahawk.

bvw in bristol and woodchip. I came across those pages that you've linked to earlier and the problem was that I couldn't identify the Malware Program which put a halt to the proceddings from the off!

As I say, I'm giving Spybot a go and see what it returns and post in the morning (off to bed now).

Thanks for the help once again.

beeuuem 00:37 29 May 03

Symantec say this is the same trojan
Backdoor.Sdbot.H

Also Known As: Backdoor.Sdbot.gen [KAV], IRC-Sdbot [McAfee]
Variants: Backdoor.Sdbot

Removal instructions: click here

Stuart Leyland 09:24 29 May 03

Hi beeuuem.

Looking at the instructions on that page, I cannot find any of the offending registry keys meaning that I cannot delete it.

Spybot last night found many things on my computer but none of them had any mention of either of the two trojans.

I'm now totally lost! Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

Stuart

colberly 09:42 29 May 03

Try Trojan remover from www. simplysup.com you can get a 30day free trial, after which it costs around £20 if you want to continue to use it.

colberly 09:45 29 May 03

Don't know why the link didn't work as normal here it is again
click here

Stuart Leyland 09:49 29 May 03

Hi colberly.

There was a space between the www. and the simplysup.com ;)

Just downloaded and installed Trojan Remover and it has already found and removed (I think) Backdoor.Sdbot.gen. Hopefully it manages to remove the other one as well.

I'll report back when it has finished but it is looking promising so far.

beeuuem 09:49 29 May 03

Does Housecall still say that you have the virus? It may be worth running it again if you can't find any infected registry keys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…