need to purchase a new computer.

alphi2 23:35 19 May 04

need a home/office computer, can anyone suggest a good reliable make. Which is the best AMD or Intel.? What should i be looking for Size wise ? I would only be using it for small business use, internet broadband, photographic home use, dvd films. and music. (not a gamer) Help and suggestions please.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:53 19 May 04

'Which is the best AMD or Intel'...you will not notice any difference. Go for the cheapest...AMD.

'What should i be looking for Size wise'...2Ghz+ processor will be more than adequate. You will need 512Mb RAM though if you going to do photo-retouching although 256Mb will do.

£595 ex VAT (I assume that you will reclaim the VAT.....click here

Check out PCWorlds Compaq and Emachines....click here especially the EI SYSTEMS 5030

You should not need to spend over £700 incl. VAT to get a computer that is excellent for your needs. Don't buy an AV or firewall, ask here for free, well respected ones ;-))

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…