Need to print A5 onto A4 in landscape...help!

CAS123 22:29 01 Aug 07

I know there must be an easy way of printing a 'flyer' in A5, just two copies of the same flyer on each page of A4. I have wasted so much paper so far trying to find out.

Stuartli 22:34 01 Aug 07

Try temporarily reducing the resolution.

Some (most?) photo editing applications also have a Fit to Size option.

CAS123 22:41 01 Aug 07

How do I change the resolution? I know this must seem basic to most users. Alos, I have used 'fit to size' on windows 98 I think but can not find in windows XP

Stuartli 22:56 01 Aug 07

What are you using to try and print the flyer?

Is the flyer available as a photo file?

CAS123 23:03 01 Aug 07

I am using a canon smartbase printer, I have just saved it as a word document. I have not saved it as a photofile. Perhaps I should try and work this out.

Pamy 23:24 01 Aug 07

I know this is not quite the same as you want to do but can you make use of any of the ideas put forward?click here

hastelloy 08:27 02 Aug 07

Alternatively, from Page setup, choose landscape, then set up a table with 2 columns and 1 row. You can keep the borders or not. Then copy and paste your flyer into each cell of the table.

Stuartli 09:47 02 Aug 07

If it's a Word document, try reducing the font size.

CAS123 11:00 02 Aug 07

I have successfully managed to print on one side thanks to Stuarti, Pamy and marvin42. I just turned the page over to print on the other side, my next challenge is to print the same A5 flyer on the same side of A4 (i.e. same info twice side by side). Does anyone know how to do this? Sadly have run out of ink in printer in my effort to crack printing my flyer so will have to tackle this later. Have just registered with this site and I think it will be great for me.

Stuartli 11:18 02 Aug 07

Have you tried to print the flyer using XP's Photo Print Wizard?

It gives the choice of printing one, two, four etc on a single sheet for given paper sizes.

keef66 11:22 02 Aug 07

File / page setup / landscape.

create a table with 2 columns, 1 row

Copy / paste a copy of your flyer into each cell of the table (you may have to adjust font size etc to get it to fit)

Use print preview to see if it's worked; saves wasting more ink

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now