need photo printer capable of being switched

rsturbo 23:08 01 Jan 03
  rsturbo 23:08 01 Jan 03

between 2 pc's. i have 2 pc's laptop with xp home and desktop with ME. i need to connect 1 printer to 2 pc's with a switch box. i don't want to have to have both pc's on at the same time to share (i.e. thru network).
1)what printer do you recommend and
2)what type of switch/cable do i need?

thanks for any help

Forum Editor 23:29 01 Jan 03

I recommend the Epson Stylus Photo 925. You'll be hard pressed to find a printer that provides better photo printing results in the Home/small office category, although it's not cheap.

There are more switches than you can shake a stick at, and to be honest they have such a simple job to do that it's not easy to pick one out as being better than the rest. We all have our favourites however, and one of mine is the Adder Smartshare BD21. It isn't the cheapest around, but it works like a dream.

Take a look
click here

Pesala 23:45 01 Jan 03

My Epson Stylus C80 printer has both USB and Parallel ports. The same is true of the EPL5900 laser printer. Unless you really need colour, I would recommend the EPL5900L, which is cheaper and more compact than mine, but still prints at 12ppm if I am not mistaken. The colour printer manages a sloth-enducing 1 ppm for medium quality colour.

I wonder if you could connect one PC to each port, thus avoiding the need for a switch box?

Pesala 23:49 01 Jan 03

Why not buy both inket and laser printer? Attach one printer to each.

I estimate that you will save the price of the laser printer if you print about 3,000 pages on it instead of on the inkjet printer as consumable costs are much lower on laser printers. Print quality is excellent on both printers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…